COSC Elite Program
The Odyssey Elite Program is designed to develop advanced players and to challenge them through more defined and specific training. The program will focus on developing a stronger and more defined technical base while introducing positional and formational training. Classroom sessions will involve formational and tactical concepts, as well as leadership and mental toughness training. A final component will include the C.A.P. Program (College Athletic Preparation Program) designed to prepare soccer players for the experience of playing intercollegiate soccer. It will also prepare them for the recruiting process and eligibility process through college athletics.
1st Monday of the Month- Players will meet in the classroom at Fresno Christian School and will cover various topics ranging from the following:
- Systems of Play
- Formational and Positional Responsibilities related to other systems
- Leadership Training
- Mental Toughness Issues/Training
- C.A.P. Program (College Athletic Preparation)
- Recruitment Process
- Demands of being a student-athlete
This will be used for organizational meetings and coaches planning sessions. If any fundraising is needed or done, then this would be planned for this date.
2nd Monday of the Month- Players will be grouped by positions within the Elite Program and will receive position-specific training.
3rd Monday of the Month-This will be used for organizational meetings and coaches planning sessions. If any fundraising is needed or done, then this would be planned for this date.
4th Monday of the Month- Team Training with 2-3 of the Elite Staff.
The Elite Training Program is meant to challenge the stronger players at an age level and to improve their overall ability as a player. This program DOES NOT replace your current Odyssey Team as it is meant to enhance your overall experience in your development as a player.
The program begins with a tryout period where up to 24 players will be selected per age group. All players will then be incorporated into the program to include the following:
- Positional Training
- Formational and Systems of Play Training
- Team Training
- Leadership Training
- Mental Toughness Sessions
- C.A.P. Program
- Player Evaluations
- High Level Tournaments and Competitions
Participation in the Elite Program is optional, but as a commitment you must do the following:
- Be a current member of an Odyssey Team or Odyssey South Team or an Affiliate of an Odyssey Club as Approved by the COSC Board.
- Remain active with your current team and in good standing
- Maintain an attendance rate of 90% or higher within the Elite Program
$30 per month per player. Fundraising may be done within the Elite teams to offset the monthly fee.